Build connections, Enrich your brand, Give back
Career Services is offering you an enhanced relationship through discussion and collaboration. The Employer Advisory Board gathers employers and Career Services staff together to discuss crucial issues in the economy, Mason's preparation of future employees, and company interests. The Employer Advisory Board helps improve Mason – and through improving Mason, improving what we can offer you.
- Discover: Learn about George Mason University and our unique place in the market
- Connect: Build relationships with other employers to discuss recruiting trends and best practices
- Influence: Shape future services and programs within Career Services and the University
- Enhance: Raise your visibility on campus and strengthen your brand with VIP notification of Career Services programming
- Learn: Hear from well-respected Mason faculty and staff about higher ed topics, current research, and cutting edge technology
- Develop: Attend recruiter workshops to sharpen your practical skills and to keep on top of trends in university recruiting
- Understand: Learn about the student labor market as it is developing
- Credit: Get acknowledgement on our Employer Advisory Board webpage, including a photo and personal / company bio
- Meetings: Twice per year (end of fall and spring semesters) typically half days from early morning breakfast to mid-morning with optional programming following
- NO Fees: There is currently no fee to participate. While no financial commitment is envisaged at present, that may develop in future years
- Two-Year Terms: Serving no more than nine consecutive years or three full terms
- Your Thoughts: Your most valuable contribution is your expertise. Please come ready to share and listen
ContactConnect with Saskia Clay-Rooks, Executive Director, to learn more about joining the Employer Advisory Board.
- 15 - 25 members per year
- Representation will cover a variety of industries and job responsibilities.
- Initially some members will serve one-year terms in order to stagger future year memberships.
- The Chair of the Board is selected by the Director of Career Services and serves a two-year term.