Welcome to recruiting at Mason! We've found that following the steps below make for the most effective recruiting on our campus.
Step 1: Develop Our Relationship
The first step to recruiting at Mason is to create a HireMason account. Not only does HireMason house all job and internship postings, it also provides you access to event registration and announcements from University Career Services. Register for HireMason.
Once you receive a confirmation email with your login information, you may create job and internship postings by following these steps:
- Login to HireMason
- Click on "Jobs"
- Select "Add New"
- Complete and submit the request. Your position will be reviewed by a staff member and approved in 1-3 business days.
Step 2: Enhance Your Strategy
Keep your contact info current in HireMason in order to receive regular invitations to our Fairs and Signature Events. Take part in one or more of these well-established programs annually for campus-wide publicity and broad exposure to students and recent graduates.
Go a step further in your branding by becoming a Career Fair Sponsor. Sponsorship includes:
- One-day registration
- Preferred booth location including electrical hook up
- Additional pipe and drape booth to conduct interviews during the fair
- Two additional parking passes
- Recognition at the fair via signage and company logo on floor plan handouts (1,500 per day)
- Recognition as a career fair sponsor on the University Career Services website and on over 30 tv screens on campus
Step 3: Maintain Your Presence
Here at Mason employers are given the freedom to think outside the box! With our distributed campuses and large population of working students, we found that traditional information sessions do not attract a lot of attention. So, as a solution, we developed BYOE or Build Your Own Events. Our Industry Advisors work with you to create a unique event to grab student attention. Here are a few examples of what employers have created in the past:
- Staffing a kiosk in the student center
- Hosting a virtual "open house"
- Sending a short video for social media use
- Day in the life of simulation activity
- How to tie a tie booth
- Ice-cream social
- On-campus office hours
Please note: Only those employers who have participated in at least one Signature Event during the year are eligible to create a BYOE.
Connect with students directly by reaching out to student organizations to share your company info or plan an event. Work with your Industry Advisor to connect with students groups.
Give back to the newest generation of Mason students via Career Link, our mentor-student connection tool. Share your industry experience, career path advice, and job search expertise with students by registering in Career Link. Once in the database, students will be able to search for you by their professional interests and reach out to you with career questions and requests such as:
- Informational interviews
- Job shadowing
- Phone or email conversations
- Resume critiques
University Career Services uses Career Link as a resource to fill volunteering opportunities such as facilitating workshops and serving as a career panelist.
Career Link also serves as a networking tool for you to connect with other recruiters as you too can search the database.
Sign up for Mason Career Link today!