2017 Spring Career Fair
This is a campus-wide fair for
organizations that have internships, co-ops, full-time jobs, and part-time
jobs. The fair attracts over 1,400 students each day and is open to all students and alumni of George Mason University.
- February 22: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- February 23: Business, Public Service and Non-Tech Focus
The Spring Career Fair will run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
All registration fees include a 6' by 3' table and two chairs, two parking passes per employer, breakfast, lunch, and other refreshments throughout the day as well as wireless internet access. There is an additional charge for more representatives and parking passes.
All registration fees include a 6 foot by 3 foot table and 2 chairs, two parking passes per employer, breakfast, lunch and other refreshments throughout the day, as well as wireless internet access.
- Career Fair Sponsor: $1,500 per day (includes one day registration to the fair for 4 reps with 4 parking passes, your preferred booth location, including electrical hook up, pipe and drape booth reservation to conduct interviews during the fair, career fair recognition with signage at the fair along with a company logo and acknowledgement on floor plan handouts (1,500 per day), recognition as a career fair sponsor on our website and over 30 TV screens located on campus, and access to our fair twitter hashtag a week before the event.
employers: $700 per day which includes two representatives and two parking passes. Additional representatives will cost extra.
agencies: $550 per day which includes two representatives and two parking passes. Additional representatives will cost extra.
- Non-profits and charities: $300 per day which includes two representatives and two parking passes. Additional representatives will cost extra.
We accept payment by check and credit card. We only accept Visa and Mastercard. The deadline for payment of the registration fee is Friday, February 10, 2017.
If paying by credit card, please click here to go to our secure site. Mastercard and Visa only. Sorry, we cannot accept American Express or Discover.
For other hotel accommodation, visit the George Mason visitor site.
Before parking your vehicle, please drive to the Johnson Center loading dock (located behind the building) to drop off displays and materials. Please follow the signs on campus. Student volunteers will assist you with unloading and carrying your supplies to your table.
After unloading, follow signs to the Mason Pond Visitor Parking Deck. All levels of the parking deck will be open for your use (excluding those spaces marked reserved) and will be available both days of the fair. If Mason Pond parking deck is full, please proceed further around Patriot Circle to Shenandoah parking deck.
Each registered organization is eligible for two parking passes. In order to receive your pass, bring your parking ticket to the Employer Registration Desk at the fair. You will use both your ticket and your pass on your way out of the parking garage in order to exit for free.
A campus map with unloading instructions will be sent to you before the fair.
Employer representatives may ship materials for use at the fair. University Career Services does not assume responsibility for the shipping of any packages before or after the fair. If you are shipping materials, please allow adequate time for packages to arrive before the fair and ensure that packages are picked up after the fair.
Do not ship items to University Career Services. Displays and materials for the fair may be shipped to the following address:
Keith Ellis, Event Services, Room 324, Johnson Center, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
Return Shipping of Packages:
- Employer representatives must repackage their materials and displays, attach the correct mailing labels, and call their shipping carrier for package pick up at the end of the fair. You will need to supply your carrier with the following information:
- Pick Up Location: Packages will be kept in a locked closet adjacent to the fair location, G29. Drivers must enter the building to get the packages and call events services to open the room Please give your carrier this contact phone number: 703 993 8919 Packages will not be on the loading dock once the fair is over.
- Type of Carrier Service: Please specify which service you are requesting as carriers often determine which vans to send depending on the shipping method: ground, overnight, express etc.
- Labels: Make sure you attach a return label that includes a correct account number, package label number, etc. Often, the account number is not shown on the label, and carriers will not schedule a pick up without the account number.
- Two representatives are included in your registration. If you plan to bring
more representatives during the day, there will be an extra charge. You may add them on the registration form.
- You may cancel your registration before the payment deadline and receive a refund. No refunds are given after Friday, February 10, 2017. If we have to cancel for weather related or other reasons, a credit will be given to a future fair.
Display Area and Materials
- You will have a table about 6 feet by 2 feet with two chairs in the event space. Due to the popularity of the fair, space can be quite limited. Please plan to bring a displays that will fit on the table. If you have requested access to electricity, you must bring your own extension cord. Balloons are not allowed in the event hall.
Education Recruitment Day 2017
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
HUB Ballroom, Fairfax Campus
9 to 11:30 a.m. Job Fair (open to all)
Noon to 4 p.m. Interviews for invited candidates only
Education Recruitment Day is designed to connect you with aspiring educators. It is a recruiting fair for graduating teachers and counselors and graduating BS/BA students interested in teaching. In the morning, you are invited to discuss your employment opportunities in a job fair format. And, if you choose to set up interviews, the afternoon portion of the event will allow you to conduct screening interviews in half hour time slots from Noon to 4 p.m.The cost of the event is $300 per employer and includes 2 representatives, 2 parking passes, morning coffee and a light lunch as well as access to electricity (if selected on the registration form). Additional representatives will incur an extra cost.