5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Fenwick room 1201
Does your resume or cover letter need a quick tune up? If so, stop by Fenwick Library, room 1201, for walk-in hours from University Career Services from 5 to 7 pm. Please note the last walk-in will take place at 6:45 pm.
During the Tuesday Tune Up, a Peer Career Advisor can review your resume/cover letter, answer your HireMason questions, provide you with internship search tips, and so much more. Please bring a printed copy of your resume/cover letter for review. No reservation required for this event.
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
SUB 1, Suite 1510
Get your resume reviewed by experts in resume writing for students in the military and veterans!
Resume reviewers are from Accenture and University Career Services
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Fairfax Campus, Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall
Many students struggle to fill the "Experience" section of their resume because they do not know where to find career building experiences during their time in college.
At the Experiential Learning Fair you will learn about how you can build the skills employers are seeking and get information about how to get involved in experiential learning opportunities at Mason. Meet with representatives from the following offices/programs and take the first step in building a resume you can be proud of.
- Office of Fellowships
- Arlington Fellows Program (Global Politics Fellows, Peacebuilding Fellows, Non-Profit Fellows)
- Social Action and Integrative Learning
- Federal Work Study
- Study Abroad Office
- Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Start Up Mason)
- Office of Student Scholarship, Creative Activities, and Research
- Orientation and Family Programs and Services (Patriot Leaders)
- Leadership Education and Development
- Office of Student Involvement (Registered Student Organizations)
- Center for Academic Advising Retention and Transition (Peer Advisors)
- The Patriot Experience
- Housing and Residence Life (Residence Advisors)
- University Career Services
- Mason Peace Corp Prep Program
- Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation
Light refreshments will be served, and participants will have a chance to win Beats headphones!
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Nguyen Engineering Building, Atrium
Are you looking for a career in IT? We understand that today's graduates are seeking long-term career development, rewarding employment prospects and opportunities for meaningful personal growth. The FDM Careers Program provides essential training, invaluable commercial experience and the opportunity for fast-track career progression, eradicating the "catch 22" hurdle of qualifications without experience.
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Take a Patriot to Work is a program that allows you to spend one day with a professional in a job or company that you are interested in. You will "shadow" them as they go through their work day. Some companies will have special presentations or projects for you to experience or try.
1) Create your resume and upload it to HireMason.
If this is your first time uploading a resume to HireMason, it will need to be approved by University Career Services. This can take up to 2 business days.
Log in to your HireMason account, click the Jobs tab, select CSM Jobs. Click Advanced Search and select Job Shadow Listings from the Show Me drop down. You may apply to up to three job shadow positions.
3) Complete the mandatory orientation in SUB 1, room 3400
- Thursday, September 15 at 4:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 20 at 5:15 p.m.
- Monday, September 26 at Noon