The On-Campus Interviewing Program (OCI) offers a unique opportunity to interview on campus for jobs and internships with recruiting employers. All Mason undergraduates, graduate students and alumni are eligible to participate in OCI.
- Register for HireMason
- Upload your resume to your account
- Complete the two-part online orientation by reviewing each of the webshops below:
- Fill out and submit the form at the end of each orientation. You will receive a thank you message for each orientation as a confirmation of completion. Questions? Contact us.
Applying for a Position
- Log in to HireMason
- Click on "Campus Interviews I Qualify For"
- Click on the "Interview" tab during the Invited Student Sign Up period to see if you have been invited for an interview
Application Deadline: May 12
Employer Select Period: May 13 - 14
Invited Student Sign Up Begins: May 15
Alternate Student Sign Up: May 16
Application Deadline: May 13
Employer Select Period: May 14 -15
Invited Student Sign Up Begins: May 16
Alternate Student Sign Up: May 17
Application Deadline: May 14
Employer Select Period: May 15 -16
Invited Student Sign Up Begins: May 17
Alternate Student Sign Up: May 20
Application Deadline: May 15
Employer Select Period: May 16 - 17
Invited Student Sign Up Begins: May 18
Alternate Student Sign Up: May 21
Application Deadline: May 16
Employer Select Period: May 17 - 20
Invited Student Sign Up Begins: May 21
Alternate Student Sign Up: May 22
Failing to attend OR failing to cancel a scheduled on-campus interview 48 business hours in advance of your interviewing time will result in your being blocked from HireMason and the On-Campus Interviewing Program.
First Offense: Temporarily Blocked
If you fail to keep a scheduled interview with an employer or fail to cancel 48 business hours in advance, you will be blocked from the On-Campus Interviewing Program AND from all HireMason usage until you follow these steps:
- Set up a meeting with your Industry Advisor as soon as possible to discuss your absence
- Write an apology letter to the employer within 24 hours of speaking with your Industry Advisor
- Email your apology letter to Lesley Perez, Employer Relations Manager. Once approved, the apology letter will be forwarded to the employer.
Your HireMason account will then be reactivated, and you may continue to use the system and participate in the OCI Program.
Second Offense: Permanently Blocked
If you fail to keep a scheduled interview with an employer a second time, you will be blocked from HireMason and dismissed from the On-Campus Interview Program permanently.
This includes removal of your resume from consideration for any pending OCI employers and removal of your name from any already scheduled interviews.
You may petition to regain access to HireMason by speaking to your Industry Advisor, however you will not be permitted to participate in the OCI Program.
Why so strict?
Strong relationships between Mason and local employers are built upon successful recruiting efforts. When a student cancels an on-campus interview in an untimely manner or fails to show up entirely, this damages our relationship with employers. Damaged relationships can lead to a loss of resources and access to future opportunities for Mason students.