Welcome Week: Part-Time Jobs Fair
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Fairfax Campus, Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall and Lobby
During Welcome Week, we are inviting on-campus employers and local companies with available part-time jobs to attend this event. VIEW THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS.
Fall 2016 Career Fair
5, 2016: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math focus
Thursday, October 6, 2016: Business, Public Service and Non-Tech Focus
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Fairfax Campus, Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall
This fair attracts over 200 employers over the course of both days.
Organizations will be recruiting for internships, co-ops, full-time
jobs, and part-time jobs. The list of participating employers will be
available in September.
Download the Mounza App!
Find all career fair related information, employer attendee lists and career fair maps in the new Mounza app!
Steps to download:
- Find Mounza in Google Play or the Mac App Store
- Download the app and log in
- Select "George Mason University"
- Enter your Mason NetID (username) and password
- Use the "Discover" tab to find career events at Mason
- Use the "Subscriptions" tab to subscribe to industries, research employers and more
Select 8 to 10 employers to research based on their services, bio and mission focusing specifically on what positions they have available. For example, an IT company may have an opening in their Marketing department. You may find your major is useful in an unlikely place!
What to know:
- The organization's mission
- Their products or services
- Their available positions
The list of participating employers will be available in early February.
Your personal pitch is how you start a conversation with an employer. It is a statement of who you are, why you are interested in the organization, and your strengths and skills.
Here are the basic steps:
- Introduce yourself
- Explain your interest in the organization and position
- Describe your strengths and qualifications giving examples
- Ask a relevant question
View an example of a personal pitch below.
- Wear a suit! Choose conservative colors: blue, brown, black or gray.
- Wear closed toed shoes.
- Keep the jewelry minimal.
- Ladies, your skirts should at least reach your knee.
- Travel light. Don't carry a lot of items with you, only your portfolio, business cards and a purse if necessary.