Fall 2017 Career Fair
Wednesday, October 4 and Thursday, October 5, 2017
Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The biggest career fair on campus is coming up in October! This fair brings to campus over 200 local, regional and national employers who are looking to fill internships, co-ops, full-time jobs and part-time jobs. The fair is open to all students and alumni of George Mason University. The employer participant list will be available in September.
Download the Careers by Symplicity App
Take your job search on-the-go with smart features to easily search and apply for jobs and internships, find career related information, and the details for workshops and events.
Steps to download:
- Find "Careers by Symplicity" in Google Play or the iTunes App Store
- Download the free app and log in
- Select : "George Mason University"
- Enter your Mason NetID (username) and password
- Select from the icons to navigate your HireMason account and manage your fair experience
Select eight to 10 employers to research based on their services, bio, and mission, focusing specifically on what positions they have available. For example, an IT company may have an opening in their marketing department. You may find your major is useful in an unlikely place!
What to know:
- The organization's mission
- Their products or services
- Their available positions
Your personal pitch is how you start a conversation with an employer. It is a statement of who you are, why you are interested in their organization, and your strengths and skills.
Here are the basic steps:
- Introduce yourself
- Explain your interest in the organization and position
- Describe your strengths and qualifications by giving examples
- Ask a relevant question
View an example of a personal pitch in the video below.