Many employers have diversity statements, but you may desire to work for an organization with a true commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) that goes beyond words to actions. University Career Services recognizes worthy employers for their DEI initiatives from among the thousands that recruit at Mason. Employers with the "Demonstrated Employer Equity/Inclusion in Practice" (D.E.E.P.) designation go “deep” on DEI.
D.E.E.P. employers are promoted to the Mason community for practices such as:
- Unconscious bias training for recruitment teams and hiring managers
- All-gender restrooms onsite
- Physical space built with universal design principles
- Pay transparency or open sharing of employee salaries
- Advocacy for pro-immigration, pro-H1B, and pro-DACA legislation