Post a Position
The first step to recruiting at Mason is to connect with George Mason University on Handshake, Mason's centralized job and internship database that features opportunities across the nation.
Existing Handshake users should request to be connected to George Mason University by clicking on Schools (under Relationships) on the left side tool bar.
New to Handshake? Sign up for an account and link to Mason by following these steps:
- Create an Account
- Select the Employer account type from the options presented
- Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
- Enter your recruiting interests and Alma Mater and click Next: Employer Guidelines
- Use the search bar to find your employer’s page. If your company does not exist in Handshake, you can click the Create New Company button.
Please allow up to two business days for your connection request at Mason to be processed.
Post Jobs and Internships
To post a job, internship, or fellowship on Handshake:
- Login to Handshake
- From your dashboard, click on Post a Job. You may also click on Jobs (under Postings) on the left side toolbar, then, Create a Job.
- Complete the required fields and click Create to save your entry.
Please allow up to two business days for your posting to be reviewed.
Federal Work-Study for Off-Campus Employers
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program which provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible students to help meet the costs of postsecondary education. Based on results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), eligible students are awarded an allotment which may be earned through part-time employment in FWS approved positions either on or off-campus.
FWS funds provide qualifying on and off-campus organizations the ability to hire Mason students at minimal cost. While initially all employers are charged 100% of wages, reimbursement is federally subsidized at 75% of a FWS student's wage. Employers must cover the remaining 25%.
At this time, Mason only offers partnership opportunities to nonprofits, schools, and government agencies.
Organizations interested in pursuing an FWS partnership with Mason must complete the Off-Campus Employer Interest Form and submit it to Mason's FWS Coordinator for review. The FWS Coordinator will reply with a decision and, if approved, with the Off-Campus Agreement and any other necessary forms for review and submission.
Want to hire a student worker for your department? Student positions can be structured as Federal Work Study or Wage Positions. Learn more about hiring a student worker.