Fair Registration Details
Just-in-Time Hiring Fair
Thursday, May 24, 2018
Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall
3 - 6 pm: Job Fair Open to All Students and Alumni
The Just-in-Time Hiring Fair is a great way to fill any positions that may have been added, changed, or remain available from your spring recruiting efforts. Employers attending this fair must have immediate job openings that they are looking to fill. This fair is open to employers in all industries.
Cost to attend: $150 which includes two representatives, two parking passes and refreshments.
For more information, please contact Bernadette Davey or call 703 993 2372
2018 Fall Career Fair
Wednesday, October 3, 2018: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math focus
Thursday, October 4, 2018: Business, Public Service and Non-Tech focus
Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall
11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
This is a campus-wide fair for organizations that have internships, co-ops, full-time jobs, and part-time jobs. It is open to all students and alumni of George Mason University. It attracts over 1,500 students each day and is the biggest fair on campus each semester.
All registration fees include two representatives, two parking passes, a 6 foot by 3 foot skirted table and 2 chairs, breakfast, lunch and other refreshments throughout the day.
Registration will open May 2018. For more information, please email Bernadette Davey or call 703-993-2372.
All registration fees include a 6 foot by 3 foot table and 2 chairs, two parking passes per employer, breakfast, lunch and other refreshments throughout the day, as well as wireless internet access.
- Career Fair Sponsor: $1,500 per day (includes Bronze level partner recognition, one day registration to the fair, your preferred booth location, including electrical hook up, pipe and drape booth reservation to conduct interviews during the fair, two additional parking passes, career fair recognition with signage at the fair along with a company logo and acknowledgement on floor plan handouts (1,500 per day), recognition as a career fair sponsor on our website and over 30 TV screens located on campus, and access to our fair twitter hashtag a week before the event.
- Corporate employers: $700 per day
- Government agencies: $550 per day
- Non-profits and charities: $300 per day
The deadline for payment of the registration fee is Friday, September 21, 2018. Please use one of the following available payment options:
- Credit Card (Mastercard and Visa only)
For other hotel accommodations, visit the Coming to Campus information on the George Mason website.
Before parking your vehicle, please drive to the Johnson Center loading dock (located behind the building) to drop off displays and materials. Please follow the signs on campus. Student volunteers will assist you with unloading and carrying your supplies to your table.
After unloading, follow signs to the Mason Pond Visitor Parking Deck. All levels of the parking deck will be open for your use (excluding those spaces marked reserved) and will be available both days of the fair. If Mason Pond parking deck is full, please proceed further around Patriot Circle to Shenandoah parking deck.
Each registered organization is eligible for two parking passes. In order to receive your pass, bring your parking ticket to the Employer Registration Desk at the fair. You must give the parking attendant both your ticket and your pass on your way out of the parking garage in order to exit for free.
A campus map with unloading instructions will be sent to you before the fair.
Employer representatives may ship materials for use at the fair. University Career Services does not assume responsibility for the shipping of any packages before or after the fair. If you are shipping materials, please allow adequate time for packages to arrive before the fair and ensure that packages are picked up after the fair.
Do not ship items to University Career Services. Displays and materials for the fair may be shipped to the following address:
Attention: Career Fair, Keith Ellis, Room 324, Johnson Center, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
Return Shipping of Packages:
Employer representatives must repackage their materials and displays, attach the correct mailing labels, and call their shipping carrier for package pick up at the end of the fair. You will need to supply your carrier with the following information:
- Pick Up Location: Packages will be kept in a locked closet adjacent to the fair location, G29. Drivers must enter the building to get the packages. The driver must call 703-993-8919 on arrival for an event services staff member to come out and open the locked closet. Packages will not be on the loading dock once the fair is over.
- Type of Carrier Service: Please specify which service you are requesting as carriers often determine which vans to send depending on the shipping method: ground, overnight, express etc.
- Labels: Make sure you attach a return label that includes a correct account number, package label number, etc. Often, the account number is not shown on the label, and carriers will not schedule a pick up without the account number.
Additional Representatives: We include 2 reps in the registration fee. If you plan to bring more representatives during the day, there will be an extra charge of $75 per person.
Cancellation: You may cancel your registration before the payment deadline and receive a refund. No refunds are given after Friday, September 21, 2018. If we have to cancel for weather related or other reasons, a credit will be given to a future fair.
Display Area and Materials: You will have a table about 6 feet by 2 feet with two chairs in the event space. Due to the popularity of the fair, space can be quite limited. Please plan to bring a displays that will fit on the table. If you have requested access to electricity, you must bring your own extension cord. Balloons are not allowed in the event hall.