Support Mason's Career Readiness Initiative
The president and the provost have made career readiness a top priority in Mason's strategic plan and have given faculty, staff, and administrators the goal of producing 100,000+ career ready Mason graduates by 2024.
Through the implementation of the Career Influencers Network, University Career Services accepts a centralized role in coordinating, educating, and supporting the growth of a network across campus dedicated to the career readiness of Mason students.
Ensure Success for Thousands of Students
The Career Influencers Network provides the opportunity to learn how to best support students in becoming career ready and achieving post graduate success.
- Open to all faculty, staff, and administrators
- Three 90-minute sessions
- Advanced registration is required
- Receive a certificate of completion
- Eligible for annual awards and recognition based upon student and employer referrals
- Work effectively with students seeking career advice
- Provide appropriate referrals to University Career Services
- Articulate steps to take to move through the stages of career development and degree progression
- Understand the services and expertise provided by University Career Services
- Differentiate between the types of experiential learning opportunities available to students
- Identify the proper methods of working with employers in compliance with NACE standards
- Learn how to use HireMason and other digital resources available through University Career Services
"The Career Influencers Network training was simply wonderful. I chose to participate in the training because I wanted to be better equipped to engage with students around their career development questions and understand more fully how to connect students with the incredible resources offered by University Career Services. The training not only familiarized me with the depth of help available to students via counselors and industry managers but also connected me to the myriad of tools available to students on the University Career Services website. The training was engaging, practical, and immediately helpful to me. Thank you!"
- Dr. Graziella Pagliarulo McCarron,
Term Assistant Professor, School of Integrative Studies
Contact Saskia Clay-Rooks with questions or for more information.