Request a Presentation
Enhance the career readiness of Mason students by inviting University Career Services to speak to your class or group
Please note the following before completing the Presentation Request Form:
- The intended audience must be currently enrolled Mason students, faculty/staff, or alumni. To help us tailor our presentation, please specify your audience as much as possible (e.g. UNIV 220 students, graduating seniors, student organization members with an interest in engineering, etc.).
- Minimum attendance of 10 is required. If you are requesting a presentation for a student organization or residence hall, we ask that you make pre-registration available. You must provide the list of registered attendees to us the business day before the event.
- Requests should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of your preferred date. Due to limited staff resources, we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Introduce your group to the programs and services offered by our office. This presentation may be condensed or expanded based on the needs of your group and is a great option for UNIV 100 courses.
Typical topics covered include: an overview of University Career Services, an introduction to Handshake, including a demonstration, career counseling and industry advising appointments, and career development resources for students.
This interactive workshop teaches participants how to create an effective resume for today’s job market. The presentation can be tailored to a specific industry, student organization, or on-campus position. A peer review can be incorporated if participants bring a copy of their resume.
This workshop includes the material covered in the Resume Writing Workshop, plus additional information and insights on writing effective cover letters.
Learn about resources and strategies for finding majors and careers that align with your values, skills and interests.
Have each member of your group take a career-related assessment on their own time then come together for group feedback. University Career Services has trained facilitators in the:
- Strong Interest Inventory (major and career decision-making)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (personality assessment)
- SkillScan (how skills fit with careers)
All assessments have a $15 charge per student except for the StrengthsFinder which is free to all Mason students taking it for the first time.
Learn what to do before, during, and after an interview, and develop accomplishment-focused interview responses using the STAR interviewing formula. This presentation may be tailored for a specific industry, student organization, or on-campus position.
Learn about our four step job search process: documents, research, networking, and search. This workshop can be tailored toward an internship search, as well.
Get an overview of LinkedIn and how to use it as part of your networking and career research process. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops.
This interactive workshop defines the purpose of networking and teaches participants how to identify networking contacts, practices ways to connect and discover opportunities to network online and person. This workshop may be customized for a specific industry or student organization.