Federal-Work Study for Off-Campus Employers

Off-Campus Employer Eligibility

Local nonprofit, government, and community-based organizations that serve the region are considered community service employers and are eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program. The Federal Work-Study program will subsidize 75% of a student’s wage while the organization covers the remaining 25%. 

Community Service positions aim to provide:

  • Real-life work experiences outside of the classroom
  • Exposure to careers in public service for students
  • Expanded service capacity of the organization

Employer Forms and Resources

Organizations interested in pursuing FWS partnerships with Mason must complete the Off-Campus Employer Interest Form and submit it directly to the FWS Coordinator, Lady Ramirez, via email for review.