Current degree-seeking Mason students, visit our office in SUB I, Room 3400 or call 703-993-2370 to make an appointment with a career counselor or industry advisor. To make an appointment, you must first be registered in HireMason.
- 45 minutes
- Appointments made in advance
- Explore majors
- Consider a variety of careers
- Determine if grad school is right for you
- Identify your interests, skills, and values, and how they might align with majors and careers
Visit Explore Major and Career Options for details about career assessments we offer and other resources.
- 30 minutes
- Appointments made in advance
- Take the next step in your career planning
- Learn how to get experience in your industry of interest
- Talk about application processes, hiring trends, and recruiting timelines
- Learn industry-specific job/internship search strategies, interviewing skills, and networking opportunities
Visit Jobs and Internship Search to prepare for your appointment.
General Walk-insGeneral walk-ins are 15-minute appointments taken on a first come, first served basis. No need to call ahead, just show up! They are a great time to talk about cover letter, resume, HireMason, and general questions.
- Monday to Thursday: 2 to 4 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. to Noon
- Evening hours: Tuesdays from 5 to 7 p.m. when classes are in session during fall and spring semesters
- Government, Law, and Criminal Justice
Mondays: 1 - 3 p.m., Research Hall, Room 359
- Helping Professions
(Education, Human Services, Non-Profit, Human Resources, Hospitality and Tourism, Sports and Recreation)
Thursdays: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., David King Hall, Room 2083
- Health and Science
(Science, Health, Research, Pharmaceuticals/Biotechnology, Agriculture and Forestry, Energy and Petroleum, Manufacturing)
Thursdays: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., Exploratory Hall, 1st Floor Lobby
- Engineering and IT
Thursdays: 2:30 - 4:30 p.m., Nguyen Engineering Building, Room 2612
- Creative Careers
(Marketing, Advertising, PR, Media, Entertainment, the Arts)
Thursdays: 10 a.m. - Noon, SUB 1, Room 3400
School of Business Walk-ins
Students in the School of Business are encouraged to visit the Business Career Services office in Enterprise Hall, Room 038.
- Monday and Tuesday from 2 to 4 p.m. and Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to Noon.
If you are unable to come in to our office for an appointment, ask for a phone appointment during our weekday hours.
Alumni, visit our alumni page for information on alumni appointment fees and other resources.
Current Mason degree-seeking students and Mason alumni can schedules appointments with us. We are unable to offer one-on-one appointments, walk-ins, or HireMason accounts to Continuing Education or Non-Degree students at this time. We encourage these students to utilize our online resources and attend our career events to gain assistance in the career development process.
If you need assistance or accommodations, please let us know by calling the front desk at 703-993-2370. University Career Services will either make the necessary arrangements or direct you to the best office for support in making the accommodations independently from our office.
Student Union Building I, Room 3400
Fairfax, VA 22030
Students in the schools below should contact the career services offices within their school for appointments and walk-ins.