As a Mason Patriot, you have the benefit of being connected to a network of thousands of other students, alumni, and employers. They can help you whether you are choosing a major, looking for an internship, or figuring out your first step after Mason.
Connect with members of Mason Nation
Message other Mason students to learn what they enjoy about their major, how they found their internship, and for their top interviewing tips. It’s easy to use the peer messaging feature on Handshake.
Connect with Mason graduates to learn about how they use their degree, insight into how they began or advanced their career, what they wish they had known when they were still students, and feedback on your resume. LinkedIn is a great tool for connecting with alumni:
- Create a free LinkedIn account, if you haven’t already, and log in
- Go to the George Mason University LinkedIn page
- Use the Search box to find alumni
- Identify alumni by "What they do", "What they study", or "Where they work" (click Next for more options)
- Scroll down to Connect with alumni using a brief note like the one below
Many employers are willing to talk with you before you apply for a job with them. Reach out to express your interest, learn more about career paths within the organization, and find out how to make yourself a competitive applicant for future openings. To find contact information for people who work at organizations of interest, use Handshake:
In the resources below, you'll find templates for requesting a career conversation, sample questions to ask, and tips for staying connected.