On-Campus Jobs

On-campus jobs

The majority of Mason departments post their part-time, federal work-study, research assistant, teaching assistant, and professional assistant jobs for students on Handshake. To find opportunities: 

  1. Log into Handshake with your Mason NetID 
  2. Select the 'Jobs' tab 
  3. Select ‘On-campus' from the filter options 
  4. Follow the instructions to apply; you may need to provide  

Find tips to create great resumes and cover letters

Types of on-campus jobs


 Who qualifies

Where to find opportunities


  • Undergraduate and graduate students
  • Non-degree students
  • F-1 students*
  • J-1 students*
  • INTO students*

Federal Work-Study (FWS)

  • Undergraduate and graduate students awarded Federal Work-Study funds in their financial aid

Graduate/Teaching Assistantships

  • Graduate students
  • F-1 students*
  • J-1 students*

*NOTE: International students should review the International Student page for eligibility information.